Buying a used or new motorcycle

Status
Niet open voor verdere reacties.
Did you think about insureance? That is also required as of the moment the bike is transfered to your name. I don't see this in any of your questions.

But congrats on your new used bike!

Yes, I took insurance 30 minutes after I had the bike. I needed a code that was provided only after transferring it.
My only question that I forgot to ask and it was not needed for transferring it, was about APK or yearly inspection but I found out that this not applies to motorcycles.
Also for aftermarket exhausts without DB killer I think there is a big fine so I'm gonna keep that in. It is loud enough for me :)

Big fines are only if you get caught.... If you behave, it will not often be a reason to pull you over. Then again, act like Valentino Rossi and you have a big risk they will fine you for everything they can find.

Big fines are only if you get caught.... If you behave, it will not often be a reason to pull you over. Then again, act like Valentino Rossi and you have a big risk they will fine you for everything they can find.
:^ In NL. But Germany, Austria, Switserland the police is more rigorous with fines for loud pipes without e-approval. But only if you get caught.

Yes, that is true but 'if you get caught' applies for everything. Anyway I'm in no state for now to drive aggressive. I'm making the ride jerky enough with acceleration and downshifting

I do like to ask you guys another question about where you buy maintenance stuff like chain cleaner and lube, paddocks, brushes, etc and also spare parts. I'm asking for online environment because I looked a little bit and the first two websites were looking exactly the same and the reviews were bad for delivery time and customer help.
For now I ordered something from the famous DE website dedicated to motorcycles (I don't know if it allowed to specify the name or is considered commercial) but there is at least a week of delivery time.

Actually, I think it is an aftermarket exhaust you have on there. The factory ones on the MT-07 look way better. :9

You're allowed to post links here, you know. Anyway, I got some stuff off XLmoto.nl. A paddock stand for €30,- and 3 cans of chain lube for €10. Can't beat that. Although you'll go through that chain lube quite fast; the stuff needs to be replaced every 200km. There's lubes out there that last much longer.

I do like to ask you guys another question about where you buy maintenance stuff like chain cleaner and lube, paddocks, brushes, etc and also spare parts. I'm asking for online environment because I looked a little bit and the first two websites were looking exactly the same and the reviews were bad for delivery time and customer help.
For now I ordered something from the famous DE website dedicated to motorcycles (I don't know if it allowed to specify the name or is considered commercial) but there is at least a week of delivery time.
You can tell wich as long it’s not yours

Actually, I think it is an aftermarket exhaust you have on there. The factory ones on the MT-07 look way better. :9

You're allowed to post links here, you know. Anyway, I got some stuff off XLmoto.nl. A paddock stand for €30,- and 3 cans of chain lube for €10. Can't beat that. Although you'll go through that chain lube quite fast; the stuff needs to be replaced every 200km. There's lubes out there that last much longer.
Yes, it is for sure an aftermarket exhaust. The model is Mivv Speed Edge
About the xlmoto and 24mx, I think they are the same thing maybe different names and they had a lot of bad reviews for delivery time. What is your experience regarding this?

Looks nice, but you might want to check your exhause. This looks like it is way too loud. Your registration has a certain decibel listed on there. It should stay below that.

I looked on the Mivv website and for this model it says that it is homologated for EU dB standards. CO2 is another story:/

Tenkateshop, mlm, louis.eu, reliable and usually fast delivery. Luckily for you most parts don't have typical Dutch names, but chainlube is called kettingspray in Dutch.

Get a second-hand VFR800Fi, yes they are old, yes they have probably 50k on the clock or more.
But they last a lifetime and don't break down. They ride well, handle well, they are economical and on top really fast.

The fun part is, they are pretty cheap as people do not want to but them because of the mileage.
Mine has 95000km and it runs like new. Also they do not need a lot of maintenance.

I have mine for over 10 years, never let me down apart from a punched tire or a bad battery.

I got my wife one after she rode a CBr1000RR and CBR600F4i, she will not trade her VFR for any of them 8-)

Buy a new bike today is a gamble, most of them having badly programmed computers to meat Euro-crap-numbers.

My opinion, buy a good old bike today and wait until the politicians know what they want, they change co2 stuff everyday without knowledge.

Just my 2 cents.

Status
Niet open voor verdere reacties.
Terug
Bovenaan Onderaan